1. Proprietary Rights. As between you and StartMeApp, StartMeApp owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, for example, audio, images, photographs, illustrations, text, graphics, logos, button icons, other visuals, video, copy, etc.), software, code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, trade secrets, moral rights (including the rights of authorship and attribution and subsequent modification), sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights (whether registered or unregistered in any jurisdiction) therein. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, software, code, data, or materials you may access on the Site.
2. Limited License. We offer the Site and its services only to those who may lawfully enter into and form contracts under applicable law. You agree to comply with all applicable law, statutes and regulations regarding use of the Site. You may access and view the content on the Site on your computer or other Internet compatible device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Site for your internal use only. The Site and the services offered on or through the Site, including any content, software, code, data and materials thereon, are only for your own internal use.
3. Use of Site. You shall pay all costs and charges, including telecommunications equipment costs, that you incur in order to access or use the Site. You must adhere to all limitations on dissemination, usage and reproduction, of any materials that you access from the Site that are subject to such limitations. Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Site, or any content, software, code, data or materials on the Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission of StartMeApp or the applicable rights holder. Other than as provided in Section 2 above, you may not download, display, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, software, code, data or materials on the Site. If you make other use of the Site, or the content, software, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. StartMeApp will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
Certain services will only be made available to users who have paid StartMeApp a fee for such services. Such users may additionally be required to enter into a participation agreement or other use agreement for that particular service. If you are required to establish an account in connection with a particular service, you must complete the designated registration process for such service. All required registration information that you provide must be current, complete and accurate and kept up to date on a prompt, timely basis. StartMeApp reserves the right to accept or reject, in its sole and absolute discretion, any application for registration for any or no reason.
StartMeApp may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the Site at any time in StartMeApp's sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you.
4. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the 'Trademarks') displayed on the Web Site or on content available through the Web Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others and may not be used unless authorized by the trademark owner. All Trademarks not owned by us that appear on the Web Site or on or through the Web Site's services, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Web Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Web Site without our express written permission or that of the third party rights holder. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site is strictly prohibited. StartMeApp will aggressively enforce its Trademark rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
7. Prohibited User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while using the Web Site and the various services and features offered on or through the Web Site, you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) insert your own or a third party's advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Web Site's content, materials or services, or use, redistribute, republish or exploit such content or service for any further commercial or promotional purposes; (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Web Site; (d) engage in spidering, 'screen scraping,' 'database scraping,' harvesting of catalogue information, e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of catalogue items or information, users or other information from or through the Web Site or the services offered on or through the Web Site, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Web Site or the services offered on or through the Web Site; (e) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials or information through any means; (f) use the Web Site or the services made available on or through the Web Site in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Web Site or such services, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or 'flooding' servers with requests; (g) use the Web Site or the Web Site's services or features in violation of StartMeApp's or any third party's intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; or (h) use the Site or the Site's services in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you may not attempt (or encourage or support any one else's attempt) to engage in any of the foregoing prohibited activities or to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, disassemble, decompile or otherwise alter or interfere with the Site or the Site's services, or any content thereof, or make unauthorized use thereof. You agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain, use or access, or attempt to obtain, use or access, any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Site.
8. Right to Monitor and Editorial Control. StartMeApp reserves the right, but does not have an obligation, to monitor and/or review all information and materials posted to the Web Site or through the Web Site's services or features by users, and StartMeApp is not responsible for any such information and materials posted by users. However, StartMeApp reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in StartMeApp's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, StartMeApp policies or applicable law. We may also impose limits on certain features of the forums or restrict your access to part or all of the forums without notice or penalty if we believe you are in breach of the guidelines set forth in this paragraph, our terms and conditions or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability.
9. Linking to the Web Site. You agree that if you include a link from any other web site to this Web Site, such link shall: (i) not contain any logos, but rather should merely read 'StartMeApp Web Site' or 'StartMeApp' in plain text, (ii) open in a new browser window; and (iii) link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of this Web Site. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Web Site or our services, such as using an 'in-line' linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another web site. You agree not to download or use images hosted on this Web Site on another web site, for any purpose, including, without limitation, posting such images on another site. You agree not to link from any other web site to this Web Site in any manner such that the Web Site, or any page of the Web Site, is 'framed,' surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Web Site be discontinued, and to revoke your right to link to the Web Site from any other web site at any time upon written notice to you. To find out more information about our linking policies, or to seek our permission, you may write to:
3411 Silverside Road #104
Wilmington, DE 19810, New Castle County
Delaware, United States of America
Attention: Website Management.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify on demand and keep StartMeApp indemnified, and hold StartMeApp and any of its affiliates and or related entities, and their directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, losses (including without limitation consequential and indirect losses) and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising in any way from your use of the Site or the services thereon, your placement or transmission of any message, advertisement, content, information, software or other materials through the Site, or your fraudulent or deceptive acts or omissions, or breach or violation of the law (including infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity) or of these Terms and Conditions. StartMeApp reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with StartMeApp defense of such claim.
11. Orders for Products and Services. We may make certain products and services available for purchase through the Web Site to visitors and registrants of the Site. You may only order products or services if you are 18 years old or older. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to StartMeApp. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Certain products that you purchase and/or download on or through the Web Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or download.
12. Third Party Web Sites. You may be able to link from the Web Site to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the Web Site ('Linked Sites'). You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through Linked Sites, even if they are owned or operated by affiliates of ours. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such web sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented on or through such web sites. Any reliance on the contents of a third party web site is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any other site. You should direct any concerns to that site's administrator or webmaster.
13. Copyright Agent. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to StartMeApp Copyright Agent, designated as such pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(2), named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
SMA Media LLC
3411 Silverside Road #104
Wilmington, DE 19810, New Castle County
Delaware, United States of America
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS, IS PROVIDED 'AS IS,' 'AS AVAILABLE,' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE, FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT, REPRESENT OR COVENANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS' REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. STARTMEAPP ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, AUDIO OR SOFTWARE FROM THE SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SITE IS CORRECT AND UP-TO-DATE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT ANY PRIOR WARNING. WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, NOR WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT: (I) STARTMEAPP DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY SERVICES OR MATERIALS OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING THIRD-PARTY VENDORS AND THIRD PARTIES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH LINKED SITES; (II) STARTMEAPP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES, THEIR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS; (III) ANY DEALINGS YOU MAY HAVE WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK; AND (IV) STARTMEAPP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES.
STARTMEAPP DOES NOT CONTROL OR ENDORSE THE MATERIALS FOUND IN ANY SERVICES AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, SERVICES AND ANY ACTIONS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND MATERIALS AND PARTICIPATION IN ANY SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, STARTMEAPP WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY RELATED TO USER MATERIALS ARISING UNDER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, LIBEL, PRIVACY, PUBLICITY, OBSCENITY OR OTHER LAWS. STARTMEAPP ALSO DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE MISUSE, LOSS, MODIFICATION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY USER MATERIALS.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, STARTMEAPP AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH STARTMEAPP OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY STARTMEAPP 'AS IS,' EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND STARTMEAPP OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL STARTMEAPP, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE 'PROTECTED ENTITIES') BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED ON A CONTRACT INDEMNIFICATION, OBLIGATION, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE), COLLATERALLY OR ARISING FROM ANY STATUTORY DUTY, PRE-CONTRACT OR OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, OR OTHERWISE, HOWEVER ARISING, FOR ANY ECONOMIC LOSSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, CONTRACTS, BUSINESS, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS) OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA THE SITE, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF SUCH PROTECTED ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PROTECTED ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO STARTMEAPP FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES VIA THE SITE.
16. Local Standards. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate for use in all locations. Persons who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. This Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to StartMeApp products, services and programs that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that StartMeApp intends to announce such products, services or programs in your country. The Site is controlled, operated and administered by StartMeApp from its offices within the United States of America. StartMeApp makes no representation that the Site or the products and services offered through it are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside the United States, and access to the Site from territories where the Site or the products or services offered through it are illegal is prohibited. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
17. Termination. StartMeApp may terminate, change, suspend, add to or discontinue any aspect of the Site or the Site's services at any time, in our sole discretion, and without liability to any user. StartMeApp may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of or access to the Site and/or its services if we believe you are in breach of or are attempting to breach our terms and conditions or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability (including, for example, if we learn that you have provided us with false or misleading information, or interfered with other users or the administration of our Site or services). StartMeApp maintains a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the Web Site use privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights.
18. Changes to Terms and Conditions and Site. StartMeApp reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time, and we will post the revised version on this Site. Changes in the Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Site and/or the services offered on or through the Site after any changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
19. Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy. Any unsolicited ideas, including ideas for advertising campaigns, promotions, products, technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or product names, that are sent to StartMeApp for consideration via this Site shall not be considered or accepted by StartMeApp, nor deemed confidential or proprietary information (including any original creative artwork, samples, demos or other works presented in connection therewith).
20. Miscellaneous. Any dispute or controversy arising out of or relating to any interpretation, construction, performance or breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The parties further agree to submit to personal jurisdiction in the federal or state courts of the State of New York, County of New York, as such courts shall serve as the exclusive venue for all dispute resolution. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions by StartMeApp must be made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of StartMeApp specifically referencing these Terms and Conditions and the provision to be waived. Headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and are not to be relied upon. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions will inure to the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by, StartMeApp successors, assigns and licensees.
Further Inquiries. You may direct questions about these Terms and Conditions, or other issues, to:
3411 Silverside Road #104
Wilmington, DE 19810, New Castle County
Delaware, United States of America
Attn: Website Management
This Web site is owned and controlled by StartMeApp.
Unless otherwise provided herein or in the refund policy of an applicable credit card company or merchant bank or as otherwise provided by applicable law or regulations, StartMeApp's refund policy is as follows:
Funds added to a member's account are refundable until such time as they are committed or transferred to a publisher or deducted by StartMeApp in payment for services rendered. Any fees committed to a publisher or deducted from a member's account in payment of publisher or StartMeApp fees are non-refundable. StartMeApp will deduct ten percent (10%) of any amounts refunded in order to cover administrative expenses incurred in connection with the granting of the refund. A member may only request a refund for the full balance remaining in the account and this amount will be returned to the bank account or credit card associated with the account after deducting applicable charges previously incurred by member. If the original account has been closed or the credit card has been deactivated or the account remains inactive for a period of at least 180 days, the funds are not eligible for refund. Account funds that are deemed abandoned or unused by law will not be refunded.
All refund requests must be in writing on company letterhead and include your name, address, e-mail address, account name, user identification, the last 4 digits of the credit card or account used to fund your StartMeApp account, and the reasons you are requesting a refund. StartMeApp is not responsible for refund requests that are not timely received in accordance with this policy.
StartMeApp reserves the right to finally determine in its sole discretion whether the criteria for a refund set forth in this policy have been satisfied and to request any additional information relevant to such request. StartMeApp reserves the right to make refunds at any time in connection with cases of fraud, abuse, and in other limited instances and may alter this refund policy in individual cases in its sole and absolute discretion.
StartMeApp reserves the right to alter this refund policy, or any other of our policies or practices, at any time and will notify users of this Web Site by posting such changed or updated refund policy on this page. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to this Web Site.
The Web Site is intended primarily to offer information about StartMeApp and to enable our advertising and publisher partners (collectively, our 'Business Partners') to utilize our Technology.
What Information do you Collect on the Web Site and How is it Used?
We collect Personally Identifiable Information ('Personal Information') fromthe Web Site. Personal Information includes, for example, your name; home and/or business address; e-mail address; home and/or business telephone, wireless and/or fax number; credit card and other payment information; and/or other information that may enable us to contact or identify you as an individual.
For example, you may choose to send us Personal Information about yourself in an email or by completing an online form on this Web Site. We use this information only to contact you to respond to your inquiry. Once collected, we will store your Personal Information for a reasonable time for record keeping purposes. The information that we store is usually deleted as space requires or in the normal course of business.
You may also choose to send us Personal Information if you apply to be a StartMeApp Business Partner. We use this information to process your application and to administer your Business Partner account.
We also collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information ('Non-PII') from visitors to this Web Site. The Non-PII may include, without limitation, information such as a Web user's IP address, Web pages viewed by a Web user, date and time, domain type and the Web user's computer's operating system (e.g., Windows XP).
We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Web Site. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider from visitors to this Web Site.
We may use 'clear GIFs' (aka 'Web beacons' or 'pixel tags') and/or similar technologies, in the Web Site and/or in our communications with you to enable us to evaluate how visitors are navigating through the Web Site. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a Web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual's viewing or receipt of a Web page or message.
Third Party 'Linked-To' Web Sites
Accessing, Updating and Deleting Your Information
If you'd like us to update, correct, delete, or deactivate any Personal Information that you have provided to us on this Web Site, please send your request to us at email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable period of time after receipt.
If you are a Business Partner, you may review and edit the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on this Web Site (e.g., postal address, telephone number and other contact information) by visiting a 'My Profile' or similar area of your account on this Web Site or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a copy of the Personal Information we have on file in your user account (if any). You may send us new or updated information at any time. We will respond to your request to access, update or delete your information as soon as practicable. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
Overview of StartMeApp's Technology
Our Technology facilitates the serving of advertisements on the mobile web.
Our Technology collects information about the mobile Web Site(s) ('WAP Sites') that you visit and the advertisements that you see while surfing the mobile web. You may encounter our Technology when StartMeApp or one of our Business Partners purchases advertisements on a WAP Site that you visit. We use the information collected by our Technology in order to help deliver those ads, and for reporting purposes (e.g., to tell our clients how many ads we've delivered in a day.)
What information is collected by your Technology and how is it used?
StartMeApp does not collect Personal Information via our Technology. Our Technology does collect and use Non-PII, including: the IP address used to access the mobile Internet, the type of phone or other mobile device used (e.g., Blackberry 8320, Nokia 4320), the date and time one of the mobile ads we facilitate was delivered and, if applicable, clicked.
StartMeApp uses this information to analyze trends and to help our Technology deliver and report on advertisements placement on behalf of our Business Partners. We also may aggregate this information and share it with StartMeApp's affiliates, advertisers, employees, customers and Business Partners.
Other than aggregate statistics, we rarely keep information collected by our Technology longer than 90 days.
Cookies and Clear GIFs
III. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT StartMeApp'S PRIVACY PRACTICES
Disclosure of information to third parties
We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, the Web Site and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
We may disclose any information we have to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities or otherwise as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We also may disclose user information in connection with investigations or when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of the Web Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
StartMeApp regards its databases of Business Partners and potential Business Partners (including their Personal Information) as a valuable asset. In the event that StartMeApp is or substantially all of its assets are, acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, any information that we have is likely to be part of the transferred assets.
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. If you contact us by e-mail or a 'contact us' or similar feature on our Web Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by these methods in transit. You may be able to create an account on our Web Site with a username and password. Passwords are encrypted and StartMeApp policies preclude access to passwords by anyone at StartMeApp or its service providers except on a need-to-know basis. If you do create a username and password, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Web Site by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to (a) immediately notify StartMeApp of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to protect your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify StartMeApp when you desire to cancel your account on this Web Site. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
Information Relating to Children
Our products and services are designed for those 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If we are made aware that we have received Personal Information from someone under 18, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our records.
Consent to Worldwide Transfer and Processing of Personal Information
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at the following address:
Attention: Privacy Officer StartMeApp e-mail: email@example.com
Digital Media Director
View full case
Ernesto Galván de la Garza
Country Manager México
View full case
Online Marketing Manager
View full case
View full case
View full case
CEO of Waygo, GMIC SV 2012 appAttack Winner
View full case
Some of our partners